Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jennifer Hudson Made Me Do It.

Weight Watchers. Two words that cost me $56.43.
Worth it? We are waiting to see.

Yes, I finally caved and went for a weight-loss program. While I hate to do it, it was time for me to take some accountability for my eating habits and nothing will motivate me to stick with eating healthy better than me spending money on it! I like to think I am frugal (my mother would disagree with that statement), but I really do hate spending money on something I won't use, so I have been diligently counting up protein, fiber, carbs and fats and entering them as if my life depends on it.

Recent developments? So far, so good. I have lost 5 pounds in three weeks and I am feeling pretty positive about it. It hasn't been overly difficult and I have felt really energetic since I have been eating healthier.

If you people could see the amount of fruit and vegetables I go through a week, you would be amazed. I ate a pound of grapes in three days. But hey, that pound of grapes use to be a bag of chips, so improvements are being made! My new addiction is clementines. They are like big fat Sweet tarts! I could eat 10 in one day if I didn't exert some self-control. Yum. Just talking about it makes me want one. I am pretty sure I have trained my body to crave one between every meal...and before bed....and when I wake up...quite the clementine predicament I have put myself in!

In other news, Jeff and I have set a tentative date, Look out May 24th 2013!
We just decided to throw in the towel and wait until both of us are done with this marathon we like to call an education.
But I cannot wait to be that man's wife and, even more so, get to see his face every day!
4.5 hours apart is just too darn far. I like 4.5 seconds away infinitely better.

And speaking of marathons, The Future Mom-in-Law, Sister-in-Law, and myself will be at the Music City Half Marathon this April (Special thanks to Ms. Julie!), so a little training has been attempted on my part.

My 12-14 hour days aren't quite conducive to regular gym hours and to be perfectly honest, my poor body isn't too capable of going the distance after a day of going full speed. But I do try to get a little 2 miler every now and then. If you see me around town huffing and puffing, ignore me. I like to think I am invisible. Ha.

However, I will say my grad school friends are great motivators! They are all thin little southern things, so seeing them everyday makes me remember why I am trying to be healthier and thinnish. Thanks ladies:)

I am going to attempt to keep up the blog this time! But no promises here, my treatment plans and neurogenic quizzes take precedence! Good night all and have a happy Thursday!

I might just walk myself downstairs and award myself a clementine for typing this today...positive reinforcement, right?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! So proud of you! And yay for setting a date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS, make that May 25th! Somebody did not check the calendar before she typed that...haha

    ReplyDelete

Pump It Up


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones