Monday, February 13, 2012

A Wee Bit of Snot and My Birthday

Sorry for the title of this one, but Adele saying that last night on the Grammy's was one of the funniest things I have ever seen and since I have been a big ball of tears the past 24 hours, I could emphasize. Plus I needed a funny title.

So another birthday has come and gone and I am reminded once again how wonderful everyone in my life is.

A weekend spent with Jeff, my parents, brothers, cousins and future in-laws was exactly what the doctor prescribed for this worn out graduate student. Sometimes you need a refresher, otherwise I am pretty sure I would continue my day to day living without any inspiration at all.

How dreary, right?

But, luckily, I am surrounded by the most fabulous support system ever known to man.
Boy oh boy, I should never let myself forget that!

As I type this I am cuddled under my warm heated throw (thanks mom and dad!) thinking how I wish the weekend's were longer. That way Jeff would still be here, watching ESPN per usual, and we could be talking of our future house or something silly. Those are some of the best moments, aren't they? A whole day full of nothingness that means the world to me.

I am currently taking a break from my Aphasia studying to type this because my morning started early and went downhill so swfitly I didn't even have time to catch a breath before it went splat on the clinic floor into little sticky pieces.

Combine that with my tear fest from Jeff leaving yesterday and you make for one rough 24 hours.

But I felt like I need to type all the positive things that happened this weekend so I can get today into perspective. One bad morning (or one rude parent) isn't going to make or break me. I need to remember that.

But I will say, I ate 6 hot tamales to make myself feel better. Nothing like a whole lot of wasted calories and a sweet hot fire in your mouth to make your day go a little better.

Totally worth the 2 points!

But in other words, I am writing this as my own sort of therapy. My life is wonderful, it really is. A rough day doesn't diminish that, it really just confirms it and I am working on seeing that whenever the proverbial crap hits the fan.

Thank you to everyone who shared my birthday with me this weekend! Consider it your good deed for the week because those two short days are what makes getting through this week easier.

Love you all and have a Happy Monday!

OH! 6 pounds down...24 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pump It Up


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones