Sunday, March 18, 2012

20 Pounds Lost...Or a WHOLE PETE!

I am so excited, pumped, giddy, over-the-moon, and any and/or all other adjectives that imply happiness.
Today marked the loss of pound 2-0!

Or, as I like to think of it, I have lost an entire Pete.
For those of you who don't know who Pete is, he is my  twenty-pound Maine Coon cat
 (really my parent's, but I got him so I like to think he is mine).
Here is the chunky nugget...

He is much bigger in person and even heavier when you try to pick him up.
I call him "dense"...my father calls him obese.
Either way, I have lost an entire one of him. Exciting? Very much so.

Even more riveting news is the fact that I have almost reached my BMI goal!
 I had to lose 25 pounds to put my BMI back to "normal."
 I don't really put a lot of stock in BMI's,
but considering I have gone from a 28.6 (precariously close to "obese"....yikes)
 to a 26.2 (1.2 points away from normal), I feel it is worth celebrating.

So twenty pounds in a year...I suppose it could have been more if
I had a little more self-discipline and a slightly less hectic and demanding schedule,
 but I will take a win when I see one and twenty pounds is most definitely a win to me.

I have to admit, this feels way better than I imagined it would. Motivation to lose the next 15 lbs has been signed, sealed, and delivered to my door step! Let's do this!

Also, I ate a large amount of Cadbury mini candy eggs today...in celebration of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pump It Up


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones